Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Just How Much Water Does the Body Need?

How much liquid should consume in a day? Individual needs vary, but in 2005, the Food and Nutrition Board of the Institute of Medicine (IOM), a daily dose defined by reference to water.

In order to be properly hydrated, it must consume a woman average of 91 ounces or 11 (8 ounce) glasses of water per day in total.
In order to be properly hydrated, should a man eat about 125 grams, or 15.6 (8 oz) glasses of water per day in total.

How much of this internal irrigation, in fact, I have to swallow in liquid form?

The IOM says that 80 percent of our total water to drink is what we have and the other 20 percent of the food we eat. If you multiply 11 cups of fluid (the total amount should be a woman) of 0.8 (to see that 80 percent of 11 is), then you get 8.8 cups - if a woman really to about 9 cups of fluid per day (with the remaining 20 percent of the food provided). Using the same arithmetic, a man must drink a little less than 13 cups of fluid per day.

It's a lot of liquids. And the panel found that those who have physically active or live in hot climates, to consume more. But do not try to give the required number of drinks in a day or two of work, time to reach their quota.

No comments:

Post a Comment